We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the individual who is working on your case to discuss any concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, which your adviser and their Head of Department have been unable to resolve to your satisfaction, please contact Jack Cookson, our Client Care Partner, based at our office at 4 Mill Green Business Estate, Mill Green Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1XQ.
What Will Happen Next?
- Within eight weeks, our Client Care Partner will attempt to resolve matters with you.
- During this eight-week period, we will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
- We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file and requesting further details from the original adviser and their supervising partner as necessary. If appropriate, we may also invite you to a meeting with the Client Care Partner to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- The Client Care Partner will write to you setting out his views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate. This is likely to take place by the end of week six.
- If you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within seven to ten working days. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Our Client Care Partner will review his own decision in the light of any additional information or
- We will arrange for another partner in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it.
- We will let you know the result of the review as soon as possible. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
No more than six years from the date of the act/omission; or
No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please contact them:
Call 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our any non-service aspect of the firm. This includes any issue that you believe should be considered by the professional regulator of solicitors.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority at www.sra.org.uk
Great staff and attention. Professional and approachable West Sussex
The team are efficient. I have dealt with the firm for several years and have had no cause to go elsewhere Haywards Heath
Lovely team, easy to talk to Haywards Heath